Pages

Friday, February 2, 2018

Husband and Wife Prayer

O God, who hast ordained and sanctified the holy estate of matrimony, 
for replenishing the earth, for mutual consolation, 
and as a type of the union of Christ and His Church; 
give me grace both thankfully to accept its blessings, 
and carefully to fulfill its duties.

I beseech thee continually to bless our union, 
and to enable us to live together in peace and love, 
in the faithful discharge of all our duties to Thee, 
and to each other.

Deliver us from every evil temper, 
from every heedless action, 
which may in any way weaken or embitter the sacredness 
of that tie by which Thou hast bound us together, 
and which can never be severed.

Make me faithful and affectionate, studious to please, 
and ready to deny my own will and inclination in all things. 
Let not the trials and crosses of this life induce me to complain, 
nor any earthly blessings cause me to forget Thee, 
the Author and Giver of all; 
but by patience and meekness, by prayer and thankfulness, 
may all things be sanctified unto me, 
and fit me for eternal union with Thee, 
through our Lord Jesus Christ. 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Isaiah 65:17-21