Pages

Saturday, February 3, 2018

A Wife's Prayer For Her Husband

I pray to Thee O Lord
To keep me strong and pure
Make me ever kind and good
From evil thoughts my mind secure.

Make me more worthy of Thee
Of Thy great and boundless love
Make this prayer of mine to Thee
Be heard in the starry home above.

This I beg of Thee O Father
That we in perfect love may dwell.
Make us ever for one another
In vows of love that bind us well.
Make him gentle, true and kind,
Wherever he may be placed.
Pure in heart as well as in mind
With honest deeds his life be graced.

Give him manhood strength and courage
To fight his foes unseen.
Make him conquer at length
Over his own self and win.

Bless the ties that make us
Understand each other more.
Make it tighter as days pass
That no man may put us two asunder.
Make us know each other more
Let harmony in our lives reign.
Keep in tune that heretofore
Perfect bliss do in us will find.

Make our youth dreams, O Lord
Come as true as broad daylight,
Then our united efforts will hold
For Thy honor and glory in Thy sight.

AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Isaiah 65:17-21